It can be hard to get anything achieved in a cluttered garage or workshop where supplies, apparatuses, and other stuff are haphazardly stored. There are different sorts of garage storage solutions, but perhaps the most dependable and most economical is plastic garage shelves. They provide a reliable and robust surface for storing virtually anything. Advantages of plastic garage shelves include easy maintenance and guaranteed mobility.
Plastic Garage Shelves[products limit=”100″ columns=”3″ category=”4646″ orderby=”popularity” order=”DESC”]
What are Plastic Garage Shelves Good For?
Plastic shelves and racks are excellent and feasible, adding style to your garage space. Plastic garage storage solutions like heavy-duty ABS and Polycarbonate are solid and sturdy — they can handle hundreds of pounds of loads. PVC, PPS, and other light plastic shelves are suitable for light storage, including boxes of books-they can break under heavy loads.
Why Choose Plastic Garage Shelves
- Heavy-duty plastic garage shelves can hold as much as hundreds of pounds of weight without breaking.
- Installation takes minutes; no apparatuses are required.
- Plastic shelves are lightweight and effortless to move.
- Choosing plastic means that you won’t have to worry about rust, mold, or the pressure of repainting.
- Plastic garage shelves don’t have sharp edges or corners like metal ones. You can safely send a child to retrieve or store something.
- There is no foul smell of paint-the racks are stable, steady, safe, and reliable.
- Care and maintenance is a breeze; wipe with a damp cloth.
Plastic versus Metal Shelves
Plastic garage shelves are lightweight, effective, affordable, and easy to install. Typically, they are designed as a storage unit with multiple shelves that amplify storage capacity and your ability to create a well-organized garage space.
They are anything but difficult to move over the long run. They function admirably with storage boxes and containers and light appliances.
Metal garage shelves can be wire racking or solid racks. These shelving units are heavier and costlier than plastic garage shelves. Steel garage shelves are ideal for storing weight appliances and machinery, but maintenance, such as rust prevention, can be taxing.
Heavy-Duty Plastic Garage Shelves
These are hardcore plastic shelves that can serve you for years and years. Heavy-duty garage shelves can hold a considerable amount of weight without breaking.
- ABS garage shelves: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene or ABS is a popular hardy plastic-type in extensive industrial applications. This material makes for rock hard plastic shelves that guarantee optimal impact resistance and thermal resistance.
- PC plastic garage shelves: Polycarbonate or PC is another industrial grade type of plastic used in garage shelves. It is 200 times tougher than glass and several times more robust than acrylic. It can resist both heat and impact.
- HDPE plastic shelves: With a High-Density Polyethylene shelving unit, you are sorted for life, theoretically speaking. It can resist any heat of up to 180 degrees F. It can resist chemicals, as well, and it’s virtually unbreakable.
A heavy-duty plastic garage shelf can hold nearly as much weight as a wooden shelf. Depending on the rack’s design, a plastic shelving unit could hold as much as a thousand pounds of weight.
Like metal and wood garage shelves, your plastic shelves come in various designs. You can choose shelves with adjustable legs if you are looking for mobility and storage space maximization. You can choose ventilated racks if you want air to flow openly to your stored items or closed ones if you need to protect items from moisture. There are also plastic garage shelves with and without wheels, depending on the portability efficiency you want.